Welcome!

If interested in RavenWorks products, please don't forget to visit our website www.ravenworksstudio.com

Also, be sure to add RavenWorks to your MySpace page!

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Crafting Burn Out

As with all things in life, even the most devoted crafter can experience serious burnout. I never thought it would happen to me, becasue crafts are the way I relax and de-stress after a a long hard day of life. Also, since I'm always juggling different mediums, it's easy to change things up and keep it fresh.

However, these past two weeks, I hit a wall. With the Boston craft shows, and putting my items in a new shop, I found that I felt a lot of pressure to produce, produce, produce. I've never felt that pressure before, and it took away from my creative freedom. So, with the craft shows over, and my items firmly in place at Three Ring Circus, I took a two week breather, to relax a bit and take a step back from crafting.

Now, with the pending glass working class I'll be taking, and a new craft show at the end of September, it's time to get the craft mojo flowing once again. Time to dip into the brain and stir up the creativity and get it moving.

I wonder if other crafters hit this same wall? Does anyone else ever get burnt out on what they love? It makes me feel a little crazy to get overwhelmed by something that makes me so happy. If anyone else has ever gotten burnt out on their passion, please share!

No comments: